Saturday, January 31, 2009

29 Weeks and counting!

I am 29 weeks today. I'm trying to be "supermom", but it is getting harder. As the belly gets bigger, it gets harder to carry around. I can't do a whole lot. I feel bad that I can't go hang out with friends on a Saturday night, but I just don't have the energy. Sleeping is getting really hard. I wake up at least once with heartburn every night. Sometimes it will go away and I can get back to sleep. Other times, like last night, I was up from 2am - 4:30am. What I feel the worst about is that I can't get on the floor and play with Lindsay. Getting down on the floor and back up again is a real struggle. I also get winded really easily. So crawling after her or pushing her around on her tractor really tire me out. Luckily we have a great support system. My grandma comes up once a week and does the laundry for us. Both of our parents offer assistance quite often. Calling and asking if we need anything at the store or if we need things done around the house. I try to do as much as I can, but I am having to learn to ask for help. Which, if you know me, is hard for me to do. I am such an independent person, I feel like I am imposing on people to ask for help. I don't have a choice now. I am getting down to the final week before the goal of 34 weeks. I need to rest as much as possible to give these babies every day inside as I can.
I am still working 1/2 days from home. I'm not sure how much longer the doctor's will allow that. It will all depend on my BP, cervix, and overall health of me and the babies. My next appt is 2/9/09.
I hope I didn't complain too much in this post. I hope my friends know that I am not trying to be anti-social, I am just exhausted. All my energy goes to growing these babies these days. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support. We definitely need it during this time.

1 comment:

sherri and Adam said...

your doing wonderful and no you didn't complain at all. i can't even begin to imagine how your feeling, growing 3 babies! I swear, if you need anything at all, please call me too! I am starting to babysit on Tuesdays in Frankenmuth for Adam's sister, but otherwise I am usually home doing nothing! 693-6486! PLEASE!! i'd love to come help put around the house and play with lindsay!