Monday, February 25, 2008

Shots, Shots, and more Shots!!!

Today was the day I had been dreading. Lindsay had her first round of immunizations today. She had to get a total of 5 shots and one was one she had to drink. I didn't know if they would combine the immunizations into one shot or how they would do it. There was no combining here. She got 3 shots in one leg and 2 in the other. She was crying so hard she couldn't catch her breath. As a mother, I felt so bad. I knew she was in pain but there was nothing I could do but comfort her. She seemed to be doing ok. We took her to see Grandma Cathy at her work and then went to see Grandpa Eric at his work. She slept most of the time. Things seemed to be going ok. We got home and she continued to sleep in her car seat. She started to cry a little bit, so we figured she was hungry. Little did we know that she was about to let the flood gates open again. She was crying out in pain again. I forgot to ask what dosage of baby Tylenol we could give her. Mike had to call the doctor's office while Lindsay screamed bloody murder in the background. About 15 minutes after we gave her the Tylenol, she started to calm down. She took her bottle and fell back asleep. She has been a little fussy most of the day. But can you blame her. I would be a bit cranky too if I had gotten 5 shots. Hopefully tomorrow will be a new day. I just have a feeling that tonight may be a long night. Here's hoping it isn't.

No comments: