Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They keep plugging along

I was FINALLY given the OK to see the triplets again. I still have a bit of the cold sores left, but they are dried up and scabbed over. So if I wear a surgical mask, I can see the babies and hold them too. It was so hard to leave the hospital without them. It was even harder knowing that I could not return to the hospital to see them. I cried so much Friday night when they told me that I could not see them until it was gone. But that is at all behind us now =)
Mike and I went up at lunch today and saw the 3 little angels. They were sleeping so soundly that we didn't want to disrupt their slumber. So we just talked to them and didn't hold any of them. They had their head ultrasounds yesterday to check for brain bleeds. All came back with normal results. No bleeding for any of them. They are increasing their calorie intake from 22 to 24 calories per feeding. At last check, Maddy was up to 3lb 13.8oz. She may be the first one to make it back to her birth weight of 4lbs. But they all are gaining weight now. They all pass their vision test Monday as well. They just are defying all odds. For being born at 32 wks 3 days, they are doing AMAZING!!!!! The next hurdle will be to start bottle or breast feeding. They told me that I could try breastfeeding tonight if I would like. The doctor said they could try either once per shift. I can't wait to try. I think I will try with Keri first as I have not held her yet. I am just thankful that they all seem to be healthy considering how premature they were born. I wanted to thank everyone for their continued prayers. Our prayers have truly been answered.
I can't forget my little Peanut, Lindsay. She is plugging along too. She is starting to make advances towards walking. She has taken 3-4 steps on her own when walking between Mike and I. When she is crawling, she is starting to crawl on all fours. She looks like she wants to push herself into a standing position. I think by the time her brother and sisters come home, she will be walking. She is also learning different words for things. If you ask her if she wants a waffle, she says "wa wa". She has been saying mamma and dadda for a while. She knows a duck says quack and a cat says meow. Her cat noise sounds more like ow more than meow, but that's ok. She will sometimes even say bye bye when she waves. She turns 14 months old today. She has grown up so fast. Last night, Mike would put some yogurt on a spoon and hand the spoon to her. She would feed herself the yogurt and hand the spoon back to Mike. We tried to let her scoop the yogurt herself, but that wasn't working so well. But it is the start of her trying to use utensils and eventually feed herself with them. Where does the time go?
I still can't believe that I am the mother of 4 now. Again, thank you all for the continued prayers and support. We definitely could not do this on our own. I also want to thank our parents and family for all the help this past week. From watching Lindsay, doing laundry/housework, taking Mike up to the hospital when I could not go, and the list could go on forever. We appreciate it more than we could express.
Well, off to go put my feet up. I am still trying to get rid of the swelling in my feet, ankles, and legs. It is starting to go down now, so that is good. I will update after tonight's visit on how the feeding goes.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like everything is going very smoothly! So glad that you were able to get back up and see them. I'm sure that was absolutely heartbreaking being away.

Cute about Lindsay and the yogurt. Fun fun! How exciting that she is almost walking.

Mother of 4, definitely amazing!

sherri and Adam said...

Awesome news! Glad you were able to get back up there. I hope the feedings go well tonight!

Lindsay feeding herself brings back so many memories! It so fun to watch them learn new things and try to do things on their own!

Mother of 4.......crazyily amazing! When you guys bought our house almost 3 years ago......you were childless and Adam and I wondered why a couple would need such a big house! I guess you guys filled it in no time! : )~

God Bless all 4 of your babies! They truly are blessed to have awesome parents!

Marge said...

Hi Jill,
We sure are praying for you all! Your little ones just look perfect. What a blessing! And to have them doing so good too, wow! Thank you Lord! I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and Mike to be so town between being at the hospital and being with Lindsay.
I sure appreciate your bloggs and the pictures. Helps us feel a part of what's going on.
Bless you! We love you all, a family of six! Whew!

Unknown said...

Glad you are able to be with the triplets again. Lindsay will be feeding herself and running around the house beforeyou know it. It's wonderful the triplets are doing so well. Glad you are feeling some better. You will be back to normal very soon,full of vim and vigor to enjoy your wonderful children. Hope to see all of you before to long.
Love You,
PA, PA.