Wednesday, March 18, 2009

They keep growing!

Mike is able visit the babies again. I'm jealous!!! I have the worst cold sore I have ever had right now. I have to wait for it to scab over before I can visit again. It has been a week since I have last visited the little ones. But I call everyday to get an update and see how they are doing. They are all over 5lbs now. Joey and Keri are 5lb 5oz and Maddy is 5lb 2 oz. They just keep making great strides in the gaining weight department. They are now officially in transition between the isolettes and open cribs. They have been slowly dropping the temperature in the isolettes to see how they would do. The doctor's gave the official orders at rounds today. All had their bottle feedings increased yesterday to 2 bottle feedings per shift. Today, the nurses were given orders that they could get more than 2 feedings if they were awake at feedings. Maddy ate 2 feedings already when I called in at 1pm. She ate all of her bottle both times in about 5 minutes. Keep up the good work girl! =) Joey has still had some decelerations in his heart rate and oxygen levels, but he usually brings them up without any stimulation. They just keep plugging away like little troopers. Mike said that they are getting big. I can't wait to get back up there and see them. I miss them so much. If I could just stay well....

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh Jill I am so sad for you. I wish those darn cold sores would stay away! Good news on the growth of the trips though, they are going to be little chublets in no time.