Friday, March 20, 2009

Some great news!

I still have not been going to the hospital to see the kids because my cold sore has not fully scabbed over yet. I didn't want to expose the kids to anything more than they already have been. But I got a call today that just made my day. The nurse said that she talked to the doctor's at rounds and they think that the triplets would benefits from a visit from their mother. I just have to refrain from kissing them and wear a mask (which everyone has to do anyway because of the risk still of passing on the RSV) I can handle that. I can't wait to get up there to see them. I have been missing them a lot. I also called today to get the usual update. Keri has been taking her feedings well. She is taking every other one by bottle. She continues to do well. Joey has not been getting a bottle as he was having some breathing issues. He was showing some signs of labored breathing yesterday. They suctioned his nose and did get some actual boogers, not just snot. They also put him on some oxygen, which seemed to help. They have decreased his oxygen today and he seems to be doing better. They did draw some blood yesterday and ran some tests. The best news is that he tested negative for RSV! =) But with him having breathing issues, they have been feeding him by his tube to let him get his rest. And Miss Maddy is eating like a champ! She is taking all her feedings by bottle. Her feeding tube is even out. (I think she may have pulled it out) But the doctor's said that as long as she is eating 40-45 cc of her 50cc feeding by bottle, she can keep the tube out. The first born has to show the others how it is all done. So Joey may have had a little set back, he is bouncing back like the fighter that they all are. Keep up the good work kiddos and Mom will be up there tonight to see you all.

I also want to send a BIG THANK YOU to Mike. He sent me some flowers yesterday from the triplets. HE knew I was a bit down because I hadn't been able to see the little ones. He sent 2 pinks roses and 1 red one. They were perfect. I truly do have the greatest husband a girl could ask for, I love you Mike!!! =)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh thank goodness you can go back up. That is just way too long to go without seeing them. Not good for Mommy or the babies. I'm sure you're so happy! And how sweet of Mike to send you roses. What a guy!