Thursday, February 26, 2009

They have arrived!!!!

Sorry it has taken me to get this out here, but the last few days have been a bit busy. Here's what has gone on.
We had an appt 2/24/09 with the high risk Dr in the morning. We were to also have an appt with my OB/GYN in the afternoon for a non-stress test. At the morning appt, Baby B had a high heart rate. They were a bit concerned about it, so they sent me across the street to the hospital to have a non-stress test done there. They hooked me up to the monitors and everything seemed to be going ok, except I started to have quite a few contractions. The contractions were starting to come quite regularly. They hooked me up to an IV of fluids to see if dehydration was causing the contractions. After 1 1/2 bags, I was still having quite a few contractions. They gave me a shot to try to stop the contractions. They also gave me a shot of steroids to help the babies lungs. The shot worked for about 30-45 minutes, but they came right back. When the contractions first started, they checked me and I was 2 cm dilated. After the shot, they checked me and I was 3 cm dilated. They next tried a pill to help stop the contractions. They wanted to hold off on delivery until they could get the next shot of steroids. However, the pill wasn't working either. I was now 4 cm dilated. It seemed that the babies wanted to have their birthday on Fat Tuesday =) At 7:08-7:09 pm, the triplets made their grand arrival.
The first to be born was Madison Rae Sella (previously known as Baby B) at 7:08pm. She weighed 4lbs even. The next to arrive was Kerilyn Nicole Sella at 7:09pm (previously Baby C) weighing 4lb 5oz. Joseph Dale Sella (Previously Baby A) arrived at 7:09 pm and weighed 4lb 10oz. They were all about 17 inches long.
So far, they are all doing wonderfully. They were on CPAP for a bit, but are all on room temp. oxygen. None of them required a ventilator at all so far. They are all being fed through their tubes. Joey's digestive system is a bit slower right now, but he is still eating. For being born at 32 weeks 3 days, we couldn't ask for anything more. Mike has a triplet blog set up. The address is www.sellaweb.net/thebusydad. We will have to get some updated pics out there soon of them without their CPAC tubes on them. We are hoping to get to hold them today.
Thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers. The 3 little miracles are proof of the work of prayer and GOD. I will update more later.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Jill - I am just so happy for you and Mike. The babies are beautiful and I'm just ecstatic that they are doing so well. How are you feeling? How wonderful that you might be able to hold them today. Take lots of pictures!

sherri and Adam said...

Congratulations Jill. You are an amazing woman! Them babies are adorable! Can't wait to see them!

Joelee said...

Congratulations!!! It sounds and looks like they are all doing wonderful! From my experience, the few days after the delivery were the worst (I felt like I was hit by a truck). Hang in there. The babies look great - nice and big for triplet standards. Best wishes!