Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Appt updates

I had appointments yesterday and today. As of yesterday, I am officially off work. I am no longer even working from home. My ankles/feet are swelling and my carpal tunnel is getting worse. I figured it was time to get some rest before the babies come. I am 30 weeks 3 days today. So far, everything is going well. Yesterday was just a routine OB appointment. Those are usually pretty boring. My blood pressure was 124/84, which is good. I did find out last week that I failed my 1 hr glucose test, so I will have to do the 3 hour one tomorrow morning. I didn't fail by much, so hopefully I will pass the 3 hr one. The babies were measured today at our appointment. Guesstimated weights are: Baby A (boy) and Baby C: 3lb 13 oz, and Baby B: 3lb 6oz. All the amniotic fluid pockets look good too. All of the babies are also showing breathing movements, which is a really good sign. I am starting to have some Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing to write home about. I think I had 5 or 6 all day yesterday. If I have more than 4 in an hour, then there would be a cause for concern. I will have to start doing non-stress tests next week. That is a common thing for multiple pregnancies.
So to sum things up, things are going as well as can be expected. The babies appear to be growing very well. By next week, they should have guesstimated weights over 4 lbs =) Good for the babies, not so good for me. Right now I have over 11 lbs of babies in there. That is a LOT more than what I had with Lindsay. She was only 7lb 9oz at birth.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We are in the home stretch now. 3 weeks 4 days until we hit the goal of 34 weeks. We talked to the doctors and they said that they are not going to schedule a C-section. If the babies and I are both doing well, they will let them stay in there. The longer they stay inside, the more their lungs can mature and the more they grow. Our next appt with our OB is next Tuesday. I will update more then.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh wow!!! 11 pounds of baby, I hadn't even thought of that. You poor thing. I am glad you are off work. Just take it easy. You are in the home stretch!

I hope your 3 hr goes well tomorrow. 4 picks...bleh.

sherri and Adam said...

Congrats Jill! Glad things are still going well, and my goodness, you deserve to be off work...finally! You need all the rest you can get! Remember, I am usually home doing nothing most days (babysitting on Tuesdays) so please don't hesitate to call if you ever need anything! Hope the 3 hr test goes well! Keep them babies in the oven as long as possible, although your getting miserable! You know in the long run, it's so much better for them! Over 3lbs each is amazing! Congrats and still saying prayers! : P

Joelee said...

Congrats on making it this far Jill! From our experience, you are in a wonderful place in time. I am amazed how well our three are doing, so I am sure your little three will be that much more ahead of the game. I don't envy you right now - I was so uncomfortable by the end of the 29th week! :) You seem to be in good spirits though! Keep up the great work - it is all worth it when you see those three miracles!!! Take care and enjoy your time off (easier said than done at this point).

Jill said...

I just want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I will be 31 weeks tomorrow! Only 3 more weeks to go. I am hoping that I can avoid the flu that Mike has right now. I will be sure to update after the appt on Tuesday.

Dawn said...

Jill -Congrats on week 31!!! Wow!!! We are looking more and more to be in together. You looked great on Wednesday when we saw you. I have a basketball, you have a four-square ball.

I hope you don't get the flu. Think Mommy immunity!