Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We miss you

Mike had to go to Maine on business this week. He left yesterday morning and will be back Thursday morning. I know it's hard on me when he is gone, but I'm sure it is harder on him. At least I have Lindsay with me. He did go out with 2 other guys from work, but Lindsay is back here with me. He did call this morning using the webcams, so he got to see her at least. But I am sure it is not the same as getting to hug her and give her a kiss like he usually does. But, we made it through when he was in Ohio for a week, I'm sure we can make it through this short trip. I miss Mike when he goes away, but I really miss him now. On Sunday, while I was mowing the lawn, I got something in my eye. I didn't think it was too bad. My eye burned a little when I took my contacts out, but I thought nothing of it. I woke up Monday morning and I could barely keep my eye open, it was watering a lot and was bloodshot. This is not what I needed the day Mike was leaving. I had my dad come pick me up at work and take me to the eye doctor. (I didn't trust myself to drive) The doctor said that I had scratched my cornea. He gave me some drops to help heal the scratch and avoid infection. Today, my eye is still red, but I can see a bit better. It is still very light sensitive though. Driving is still a challenge. Luckily I only live about 10 minutes from work. It would be a lot easier if Mike were hear, but I'll make do.

Lindsay and I just wanted to let Mike (dad) know that we are thinking of him and can't wait for Thursday when you come home =) Luv and Miss U bunches!

3 comments:

sherri and Adam said...

~Jill~
Be VERY careful with your cornea. Adams dad (my father in law) scrathed his last summer while mowing, and had to have a cornea transplant!! He still a year later, doesn't have the colored part on his eye, b/c he will be having another cornea transplant soon. His whole cornea was infected from the branch that just barley scrathed his cornea!! It's VERY SCARY!!! Their summer last year was awful!! Doug is better now, but he went a very long time without driving, and still to this day gets eye drops every day, and will take a pill for the rest of his life, due to having a donated organ!! He had to come stay a few evenings with us, b/c he was unable to do drops every hour on the hour last summer, and his wife had things to do. It was ugly for awhile, but is better as days go by!! GL Let me know how things go!!

Hopefully your week will fly by and Mike will be home soon!

Dawn said...

Ouchy about your eye! That is a big bummer! I hope you and Lindsay are doing well, the older the kids get the easier it is to let the guys travel. They'll be back before we know it.

Jill said...

The eye is doing better. The Dr. gave me some drops and by Thursday, I was back wearing my contacts. It still bothers me if I wear my contacts too long though. I will just have to limit how long I wear them in a day.