Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Long Time, No Post =(

I know it has been a while since my last post. I've been a bit busy/lazy lately. I get home from work and spend time with Lindsay until she goes to bed. After she is asleep, I try to keep the house picked up and get stuff ready for the next day. By time that is done, I am ready to go to bed. She went to bed at about 7:30pm and Mike had already picked up the kitchen, so I have a little bit of free time. He is in playing XBox Live with his brother, Terry. He does that more quite often during the week. And because of the storms going through right now, my satellite signal is lost, so I can't finish watching Steel Magnolias, I figure it would be a good time to update the blog on what is going on.
Since my last post, Lindsay is now 6 months old. At her doctor's appt (where she had to get 4 shots), she weighed 15 lbs 15 oz and measured 25.5 inches long. She is in the 30th percentile for height. Big shocker when you look at her parents =) She is just growing like a weed though. I can't believe she has been with us 6 months already. She has really gotten the hang of sitting up on her own. She still falls over now and again, but is overall doing very well. We have also started to give her Gerber Graduate puffs. She is learning quickly how to get the puffs into her mouth. The pincer grasp is coming along nicely. She amazes me everyday on how quickly she picks up on things. (which means she will probably pick up on any little slip of the tongue I make. I'll have to really watch myself) She went to her first Tiger's game on 7/11/08 vs the Minnesota Twins. Unfortunately, they couldn't pull out a victory. Oh well, she looked cute while she was there. If you would like to see her, you can go to www.tigers.com/fanfoto. The event is the July 11th game and she is in gallery 83. (I think dad was trying to pick up chicks with the cute baby) All the women he walked past had to comment on how cute Lindsay was.
I have also really gotten serious about losing the baby weight. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I REALLY don't like the way I look. I have started getting 4-5 fruits/veggies per day and watching the portions of my food. I hate to admit this, but I weighed 190 lbs when I gave birth to Lindsay. I've made a lot of progress up to this point. Today when I weighed myself at the gym, I weighed 160 lbs. I am 5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. My first goal is to get to 145 lbs. (that is what I weighed when we first started infertility testing) On my lunch hour, I am going to classes Monday and Wednesday at the gym. On Tuesday and Thursday, I have been running/walking outside. I am really focused on getting back into better shape. ( Round is the shape I am now, and I don't like it) I don't expect to have a 6 pack abs, because I have never had them. I just want to not look like I am 3 months pregnant, when my daughter is 6 months old. Eating out is a bit different. I can't order my usual favorites. I don't have to eat just salads and water. I can eat real food. I just have to watch my portion control and snacking. Nix the appetizers and only eat 1/2 or less of the portion they give you. I've lost 5 lbs so far. Food days at work will be tough, but I just have to ask myself, will that help me get to my fitness goal or set me back. I do give in to my cravings, but again, smaller portions is the key. When you get 5 fruits/veggies per day, you aren't as hungry between meals and easier to avoid temptation. I'll try to keep the blog updated with my progress.
Sorry to babble on there, I just figure the more people I tell about this, the more people there are to help keep me accountable. It was hard to get on the fitness wagon. I can use all the help I can get staying on. Well, I will wrap it up for tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

sherri and Adam said...

Very cute picture of her at the game!! Why didn't they get a pic of all 3 of you?!?!

GL on loosing the baby wieght!! You can do it. I know it's hard, been there, done that!! UGH. I'm happy to report I am in the same size jeans I was when I met Adam at the age of 16. 2 kids and 15 years later, I guess I don't have too much to complain about! GL though, it's tough!!

Off to work!

sherri and Adam said...

UGH WEIGHT***** lol

Jill said...

I guess they only wanted the cute one in the picture. We were very rushed getting to the game, so I wasn't really thinking. Next time we go I think I will have them take a picture of all 3 of us.

If I wanted to be the size I was when Mike and I met, I would have to lose about 25-30 more lbs. If I wanted to be in the same size jeans I was when I was 16, we won't even go there =) Thanks for the encouragement. I can use all that I can get!

Dawn said...

Cute pics Jill! I concur why did they cut off Mike in the pic? She looks so adorable in all her Tiger gear!

Good luck with the weight loss. The older we get, the harder it is. But it's not impossible. And sorry to say but some battle scars from pregnancy just don't ever go away. ;) At least it's all worth it.