Friday, May 9, 2008

1st Mother's Day

It is weird to think that I will be celebrating this Mother's Day as a mom. It is a dream come true. This week has been tough with me being sick and Lindsay waking up 2-3 times per night, but I wouldn't change anything for the world. I got an early surprise when I dropped Lindsay off at daycare today. In her cubby, there was a manila envelope that said Happy Mother's Day Mommy on it. I didn't open it until I got to the car. Inside the envelope was a heart that said "Mommy, I love you this much" and her hand prints are attached to the heart by pink ribbon. It has magnets on the back of the heart and hand prints, so I have it up at my desk already. Lindsay is 4 months old now and growing like a weed. I still thank GOD everyday for allowing me to take care of his little angel. I smile every time I see those little hand prints.

So to all the mom's out there, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Being a mom truly is the best job in the world.

4 comments:

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks Jill. Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!! Being a mommy is the best job in the world. Biggest reward ever!!

Unknown said...

PA.PA.said...

Congratulations on your first Mothers day. Sorry to hear that you wern't feeling well. Things seem to be going real well for you and Mike and that makes me feel good. Looking forward to seeing all of you before to long. Take care.

Love You

Dawn said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day Jill! Next year's will be even more amazing when she can put those loving arms around you and really give you a good squeeze! :)

Jill said...

Thanks everyone for the Mother's Day wishes. It was still wierd to hear my mom wish me Happy Mother's Day. Being a mom is the hardest job, but it is all worth it when I see hear smile at me in the morning.