Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our First Easter

Last Easter we were a family of 3. Who knew that one year later we would be a family of 6 =) I know that I have been horrible at getting posts out to update everyone. The past few weeks have been a bit hectic. The girls both came home on March 27th (Friday) and Joey came home on April Fools Day (Wednesday). It has been an adventure so far. If I didn't get sick enough when they were in the hospital, it's been no different since they have been home. Last weekend, I came down with the flu. I unfortunately gave it to Lindsay. She is almost back to normal, which is good. But both Mike and I both have the flu this weekend. My dad and Mike's mom also have a touch of it as well. This year has been a bad year for illness. I can't wait for the summer to get here and less sickness going around.
The trips are doing great. They are eating every 3-4 hours. The girls are up to eating 3oz each. Joey is eating about 2 1/2 oz. I will update with they weight and lengths tomorrow. They have their 6 week well baby check and RSV shot tomorrow. Our first outing with all 3 babies. That should be an adventure. Lindsay is getting better around the babies. I think she is still a bit jealous, but that is to be expected. Since I last posted, Lindsay began walking. She is now cruising all over the house. Last night she even cruised her way into the bathroom and dropped my phone in the toilet. Luckily I still have my old phone that I can have activated. At least she didn't try to flush it =)
The triplets have all been home about a week and a half and things have pretty much been a blur. Thankfully we have had at least one person here helping at all times. That has been a God send. It allows one of us to sometimes skip a feeding and get some extra sleep. Well, I better go get some sleep before the nest feeding. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and I will try to be better at posting updates.

2 comments:

sherri and Adam said...

so cute about Lindsay walking...too bad she dropped your phone in the toilet! Good luck tomorrow with the outing of all 3! What an adventure! i can't even imagine! As far as posting on here...i do believe you've got your hands full...so I think we'll let you slide! LOL I am still waiting to come visit! Happy Easter

Dawn said...

Sounds like the kids are doing wonderful as are you minus the sickies. Awesome about Lindsay walking; sorry about your phone though. I'm sure you can laugh about it a little. ;)

Glad you survived yesterday. I really enjoy following Mike on twitter. The kids are getting big ~ crazy to say since they just cracked the 7 lb mark.