Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Due Date!

Today is the term due date for the triplets. They are all doing better than I could have ever expected. When I found out I was pregnant with triplets, I prepared for the worst. I had read that I could be on bed rest my 20 weeks and possibly have a stay in the hospital with bed rest. For me, a person that is very independent, I didn't know how I would handle that. Somehow, I managed to avoid preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and every other complication associated with a multiple pregnancy. I did develop some pretty bad swelling the last few weeks of the pregnancy, but that was about it. I never had to make a trip to the ER for preterm labor, no bed rest, nothing. I was truly blessed with this pregnancy. I worked up until I was 30 weeks pregnant. Most of the doctors were not really happy with me, but with nothing medically indicating me to be on total bed rest, I wanted to keep busy. I was pretty huge by the time I delivered. I was running out of clothes that would fit over my belly. It was also getting very hard to walk around and do the simplest of daily activities. And sleep was almost non-existent. I went in for a "routine" appointment with the high risk doctor. Baby "b (Madison) had a high heart rate. I was sent to the hospital for a non stress test. They found that the heart rate was high, but would recover quickly. They had forgot to hook up the uterine contraction monitor. As soon as they did that, they picked up the contractions that I had been feeling for the past 20 minutes. They tried everything to stop the contractions, but nothing was working. I was dilated to 4 and wasn't stopping. I did everything to make it to the 34 week mark, but they decided that 32 weeks 3 days was enough for them. February 24, 2009 the triplets came into this world and blessed our family. The past 7 1/2 weeks has been a bit of a blur. Sleep is still hard to come by. But I would not change anything. Thank you to everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. We will need it in the time to come. I also want to thank all of our family and friends for all the help. We would really be lost without it.

1 comment:

sherri and Adam said...

Your babies are so cute! Will be thinking about you tomorrow as you venture back ino the working world! WOW how that went by fast!